We have been very happy with Stables Daycare for both our daughters. The staff are all so warm and caring and it has been lovely to see their relationships grow with our children. Compared to other nurseries, the staff turnover seems much lower which provides consistency for the children. The outdoor space is amazing and the children really enjoy the forest school. We really value the flexibility of being able to choose our hours and the nursery is always accommodating to changes and extra days where possible.
Our son Serik attended Stables nursery for about twelve months, before going up to school reception class this September (2020). While a bit apprehensive to begin with (changing nurseries) , the care and attention he received helped him to settle in quickly.
We have praise for the people who looked after him during his time at Stables. We noticed he developed well while at the nursery: group play and social interactions. He really liked the Forest School activities – llamas, goat, learning about bugs under logs, climbing about and watching frog spawn develop. Access to a part of Fosse Bank School’s playing fields to run around in, and spending the Summer in a real Yurt was a big plus. And there are big trees with acorns and conkers to collect.
Our second child will follow his brother soon to Stables nursery, so the reader can see we recommend Stables Daycare.
I just wanted to say how touched and delighted I was by all the efforts made for Grace’s graduating class. She came home today full of smiles and chat about balloons and customised hats, with her little photo album of her last year or so at Stables, and it’s all just lovely. What thoughtful, careful touches to treasure from her time here. And happy memories.
It was such an emotional pick up today after Phoebe’s last day at Stables. Big hugs to you all. We would like to say a huge thank you for your amazing care and nurturing for both our girls over the last 4 years. We cannot begin to describe how appreciative we are for the amazing experiences Phoebe has had over the years especially the trips to the outdoor learning with the animals, fun in the field and washing the babies!
Ella is so happy every time she goes to nursery. Stables is an amazing nursery and an amazing location. We love the focus on outdoor play and outdoor learning. Ella loves going to forest school to see the animals and the stables family are so lovely and kind. The children are always so happy and kind at Stables which is a credit to you all as it is such a nuturing environment for them.
Can I just thank you for Marlo’s first day back, and your communication throughout this time. We are so fortunate we could have her looked after at home and she was so so thrilled to come back and see her friends before school starts and she won’t see them again. You guys have just been amazing, you have kept us informed throughout and worked so much harder to remain open and supportive compared with other settings, I know some have had the capacity to support their community and refused, whereas you guys have gone above and beyond to cater to as many as possible, so thank you.
Our daughter has been at Stables since her first birthday, and they have supported her wonderfully at every stage. She’ll be off to school in September as a confident, sociable and thoughtful young girl, no small measure of which is down to the care and love she has had at Stables over the past four years. There are many practical things that make Stables excellent: the huge outdoor space; the forest school across the road; the varied and imaginative use of the indoor space; the secret garden; the flexibility of hours (and potential for term-time only); the out of town location (no fighting through traffic). But the best thing is the staff. Such experience, imagination, love and care, and a remarkably low turnover in the four years we’ve been there. We can ask for nothing more. Thank you so much for all you’ve done.
You and your team have been outstanding with our son over the last 2 years. THANK YOU!!!
He has grown so much in confidence and absolutely loved his time at Stables. Fredo has made great friends and thoroughly enjoyed forest school!
We are all very sad that his time with Fran and team has come to an end but feel that he is well prepared to start school.
He will attend one last time on Thursday (It was booked in a couple of week ago).
Many, many thanks for the amazing care at Stables and wishing you all the very best for the future.
WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT STABLES DAYCARE:
- The all weather, outdoor play policy.
- The way Margot always gets a warm, happy welcome which means she’s almost always pleased to come to you.
- Pictures on Tapestry which provide a priceless insight into this aspect of Margot’s life, and her friendships.
- The atmosphere is lovely and it feels like a party every day – again, this means Margot loves coming to daycare.
- Music being on in the rooms / lots of singing plus song of the month / creativity and art works coming home so we can bridge between here and daycare.
- The way staff encourage friendship amongst the children / the absence of bullying.
- The staff in general! We are always so well informed about our Margot, and the excellent communication includes helpful monthly letters / website info.
- Food – it’s delicious, brilliant quality, Margot’s able to have seconds, it’s very healthy and also tempting.
- Supervised mixing of ages e.g. when Margot gets to gently play with the babies or learn from the older children outdoors.
- The range and thought which goes into activities which have a lovely overarching theme.
- Safety and amount of toys available.
- Messy play, which Margot adores and which we don’t have to do at home if she does it with you!
- Cleanliness and cheery atmosphere in the rooms.
- The fact that Margot’s name is always used when staff say “hello” and “goodbye”, and that all staff know all of the children.
- How kind, helpful and flexible you are re extra hours / when we’re running late. We cannot overstate how much we appreciate this.
- Cooperation between staff who communicate well with each other as well as with the children.
- No fuss, spare clothing found if we’ve forgotten something.
- That we are able to talk about a concern really easily, and it’s taken seriously and addressed / resolved perfectly.
- Our child is always happy, dry (nappy), and full of joy about her day.
- When Margot talks about her friends, she says staff names as well as her peers which is just lovely.
- The bottom line being, we trust you with the most important person in our world and can get on with our day without worry when she is in your care.
WHAT COULD BE IMPROVED:
- Margot is unusual in how much liquid she needs, but sometimes she is very thirsty when she gets home. Rather than a water bottle just being available, which we know you’re very good at providing, if she could be encouraged to drink when she forgets to do so, (especially later in the afternoon), that would be perfect.
Francesca is Isabel’s key worker, and we are delighted that Isabel is lucky enough to fall under her care. We have always found her extremely competent and caring and genuinely interested in Isabel’s wellbeing and development. She is a real asset to Stables.
Similarly, Eddie is very happy in toddler room with Robanna. She is very caring and Eddie clearly feels comfortable and secure with her.
It is a huge help to us to know that both of the children are happy and safe at Stables, largely due to their excellent care.
Many thanks as well for all of the flexibility you have been able to offer. It has been very much appreciated.”
I must put this down in writing now- otherwise I will forget to do it. We cannot thank you enough for your care of Olivia over this past year. She has absolutely flourished in the baby and now toddler room. We went on holiday with a child who has not been in nursery (and who was 6 months older than Olivia) and the difference was incredibly noticeable- prompting me to write this with pride.
Olivia was interacting with other children and playing really well, she was eating well using her cutlery independently at the table in restaurants and sharing toys and books when asked too. It was the social interaction that was the most noticeable (the other child kept pushing Olivia over! All a bit awkward) Olivia was just a bit confused as to why this was happening!
Anyway all these skills (and more) that she has learnt we are ever so proud of and she is becoming a kind a clever little girl (long may this continue) these are skills attributable to your team and thus a big thank you!”
Also, whilst Karlea does not look after Lena, she has been a brilliant in meeting our (sometimes very) short notice requests for extra hours, she always responds to our queries and requests professionally and promptly.
We are constantly recommending Stables to friends and colleagues and hope that Stables continues to thrive and grow.”
We have also been very impressed by the flexibility Stable offers parents. We have needed to make various changes to hours and days over the months – some planned and others more last minute. In every instance, the staff have been truly helpful and accommodating, enabling us to solve problems and have our son looked after in a consistent way.
This flexibility is so supportive for a busy commuting mother and helps to relief the pressure and worry. I have yet to hear of another nursery in the area that has such an offering.”
I have often recommended stables to others and will continue to do so. I have never once had a “no” from Karlea or Becky when I’ve asked to swap dates, add extra hours or any requests at short notice and this kind of flexibility makes life so much easier for a working parent.
The fact that the ‘stables way’ is to encourage maximum outdoor play is something I also strongly believe in – neither child ever really caught colds, coughs or any infections as such (apart from the obligatory chicken pox!) And I credit this to the fresh air and healthy attitude you instilled on the staff and kids.
I thank everyone for their parts in caring for the boys but with Adam, in particular I’d like to thank Becky, Midge and Jenny for their parts in settling him at each transition, for being nurturing and caring, not clinical.”